Equality objectives statement 2017. Our equality objectives are:
• To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through all appropriate curricular and extra-curricular opportunities. We aim to meet this objective with particular reference to issues of equality and diversity.
• To reduce prejudice and increase understanding of equality through direct teaching across the curriculum.
• To move beyond deterministic notions of fixed ability and to model teaching and learning behaviours that avoid labelling.
• To narrow the gap between boys’ and girls’ attainment in writing in the primary phase (Y2 – Y6).
• To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experience, both in and beyond the academy.
• To eradicate prejudice related bullying in relation to the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act 2010.
• To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to people with disabilities.