Primary Schools PE and Sport Funding
To support schools to deliver outstanding PE and school sport, the Government is providing funding for schools to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. We expect to be allocated £8000+ for the academic year 2017-18. Details of our sporting provision is listed below:
- Specialist gym teachers will be teaching Year 1- 6 in the academic year 2017-18. They will be following the British Gym Core Proficiency Award Scheme and the key steps.
- PE Gym kit is red or black shorts and white t-shirts. Bare feet and hair tied back. Strictly no earrings for safety reasons.
- Professional development for teachers – sports coaches will work alongside teachers during PE lesson.
- Sports days will take place at Bursar and are used to develop sportsmanship through competitions, as well as developing participation for enjoyment.
- Staff participate and can access CPD training as part of the NE Lincolnshire School Sports Partnership.
- We are part of the NE Lincolnshire Schools Sport Partnership which organises sport festivals and competitions with other schools throughout the academic year.
- Year 4 participate in swimming lessons for 10 consecutive weeks.
- Year 5 and Year 6 pupils who have not achieved 25m also have further swimming lessons in the Summer Term.
- Up-to-date PE equipment.
- After school varied Sports Clubs run both by teachers and coaches.
For further information on sporting afterschool clubs, competitions and events in this region please use the following website: http://www.nelssp.co.uk/
A copy of the Humber Sports Partnership newsletter can be accessed using the external link below.
For further information on sporting provision at the Academy please use the links below.